2.23.2010

lani is in labor! (see baby belly 2 posts down)

I was always wondering when the first kid would come around for the 4 granddaughters on my mom's side. Lani is in labor, RIGHT NOW. It's funny because I am so so so excited. I don't even get to see them much but since she's been pregnant I have talked to her more than I probably had for the last 5 years. I know it's cheesy, but babies bring families so much closer. I just randomly burst into happy tears when I think of "Baby Mill" - the first boy since my grandmother's brother! I am so happy for Lani and Clay and I'm so glad they're going to have a little family of their own. I know how important this is to Clay since both of his parents are deceased. God answered prayers bringing this child into their life. 


When we found out Lani was pregnant, it was not but a couple days after we lost our beloved dog Buddy. We were all so devastated, but the news of her pregnancy shone a little light into our lives. I remember when I hung out with Lani some this summer and we went to see the Proposal and she brought like 4 different snacks with her. It was so funny. She pulled out chips, then something else, then even something else! I just laughed and laughed. At Thanksgiving all the nieces/aunts were sitting on this one chair surrounding Lani and I felt the baby move and it just thrilled me! Another cry moment. 


But anyway, I'm so excited and happy for them and I wish the best for Davis Clayton Miller. Please watch the youtube link I posted. It is my aunt and uncle reacting to the news that Lani is pregnant. Sweetest, cutest thing ever. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hU-KAiTDM

No comments:

Post a Comment